Tuesday 23 February 2010

Monday 22nd February 2010 Goat's cheese in filo parcels with cranberry sauce


By request fron Hubs.


Wow, they have fresh filo pastry in Tesco Clowne! As I want to encourage them to stock it, I changed from the puff pastry case I was going to make.


This is a really easy meal, and as I was home later than usual it is ideal. It is basically mashed goat's cheese in a filo "money bag" parcel, on a sauce of port, cranberry jelly, butter and lemon. I roasted some asparagus with it, and had curly fries (a wicked treat!). This is a recipe adapted from a little Sainsbury's cookbook I have. When I first made it when I lived at the Croft in Morley I thought it was so sophisticated!! Now it's a staple.


Cooking was interupted by a family phone call (no 2 niece), but was aided by one of Hub's wicked Martini Cocktails. (Chilled glass, Bombay sapphire, Noilly Prat, black olive)


Had a couple of bottles of Cote de Ventoux between us. BAD! Watched series 3 "Gavin and Stacey" GOOD!




No comments:

Post a Comment