Tuesday 12 January 2010

Monday 11 January Burned cheese pie

Spent the day clearing the drive of snow. Just back off holiday. My car is still at Reg's garage, and I can't remember if I insured it before we went on holiday.

The house is slowly warming up after being empty for a month. I even put the oven on full blast to warm the place.

Made it to Shirebrook Co-op to buy some basics in the hubs car. He wanted a cheese and onion pie for dinner. He loves home made, homey food.

Made said pie in the wonderful pie dish he bought me a few years ago, Short pastry made with wholemeal flour and butter. Boiled chunks of potato, grated Cheddar and home grown onions. Put in oven, but forgot it was on full blast. Rang Rose and had to cut her off in mid flow when a burning smell pervaded the room. Pastry was blasted! Still the filling was OK, but said husband prefers it when I mash the potato rather than boiling it. I prefer it when I add basil or pesto. Accompanied by home grown runner beans and peas, and washed down with a couple of bottles of Chilean Carmenere.

Went to pub in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment