Sunday 17 January 2010

Sunday 17th January 2010 Mushroom and mustard pasta

Poor hub is not feeling well. He was sick this morning and dodn't get out of bed till mid-afternoon.

I got up late myself, but did not feel like eating so instead I cleaned the house - not my favourite job, but it kept me occupied.

When he did get up, hubs only wanted a cup of tea. He made me a "cafe con leche" which has become my morning drink since we went on holiday.


I tidied the bedroom, stripped the bed, hoovered.... Why are vacuum cleaners so cumbersome, and so ill-designed for doing the stairs?

Eventually I dressed and went out to Creswell Co-op, which being small, is open till ten on Sunday. I bought hub some crumpets and a bottle of Laphroaig in the hope he might fancy something.

Back at home, all he wanted was a hot chocolate. He did not want anything to eat. So now feeling a little hungry I cooked some pasta and ate it with a mushroom and mustard sauce.

I sat at the table and ate it by candlelight, and though it was delicious, somehow could not stomach it.

Hubs has gone off back to bed and I'm writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment